News Flash

Home

Posted on: November 15, 2018

Thanksgiving Safety Tips

Central Fire Protection District would like to remind everyone to have a safe Thanksgiving. Here are some tips for a fire safe holiday:

  • Never leave food cooking unattended
  • Do not wear loose clothing while cooking
  • Turn handles from pots and pans in and away from the edge of the stove when cooking
  • Make sure that your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are working properly
  • Have a fire extinguisher available and know how to use it
  • Never leave candles burning unattended
  • If smoking is allowed in your home, provide ashtrays for your guests. 
  • Check furniture, trash cans and ashtrays for smoldering cigarette butts before going to bed
  • Overnight guests should be included in your home fire safety plan
  • Clean your stove and oven after cooking large holiday meals

If you have a cooking fire; turn off the stove, cover the pan with the appropriate size lid and call 911. More fire safety tips can be obtained from Central Fire Protection District or your local fire department.



Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home